Dorothy Gale: How do you talk if you don’t have a brain?The Scarecrow: Well, some people without brains do an awful lot of talking don’t they?
- unexpected mustache growth
- the movie as Americana
- Oz’s 99% on Rotten Tomatoes
- the 1000 other famous movies that premiered in 1939
- secret meanings of the yellow brick road and Dorothy’s slippers
- how the special effects were created
- our Top 5 Favorite Themes
- dickpigs who censor L. Frank Baum’s books
- Dorothy Gale’s hero journey
- the importance of the film to women and queers
- Oz as allegory for drug use
- the importance and dangers of trust
- our Top 5 Iconic Scenes
- why the slippers changed from silver to ruby
- the day Morgan met the actual ruby slippers in New York
- various adaptations (including The Wiz, Return to Oz, Wicked and Tin Man)
- The Dark Side of…Oz
- the many face of Frank Morgan (aka The Wizard)
- Judy Garland’s electroshock therapy
- Munchkin suicide conspiracy
- Our Top 5 Scenes Cut From the Movie
- 2nd Opinions
- And a healthy helping of games, including “Oz or Other”, “Which One”, “Hogwarts House Sorting” and “2 Truths and a Lie.”
Thanks for listening, BBs! We love and appreciate you! AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO!
On Facebook (Beauty and the Bitch)
Watch The Handmaid’s Tale on HULU!
And then watch Return to Oz wherever you can!
Morgan Messick is a Pop-Culture fanatic, Podcast Host, and total #BookBabe living in Austin, TX with her Husband and little dog Scoop. She aspires to grow her #TBR pile, do all of the hiking, travel as often as possible and make a joke at every turn. She utilizes laughter and yoga for daily medicine, thinks that Harry Potter is magic for all ages, and truly believes Die Hard is a great Christmas movie (SO DEAL WITH IT.) Catch her musings here, and around the web — links in the “about” page!