This week we’re covering 3 of the faces of IT: Stephen King’s novel, 1990’s made-for-TV movie and the 2017 blockbuster remake. Ooooh, it looks scary! Conversation includes:
* Sewer sex !?
* A raving dissection of the new trailer
* King’s epic, explicitly political Twitter feed
* Problems with/merits of a two-part structure
* The sad story of Jonathan Brandis
* Memory, prosperity and lighthouse keepers
* “BITCH IS THERE A CLOWN IN THAT GUTTER? THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?”
* 7 Scariest Moments from TV’s IT
* IT is a boggart! Or a glamour? A spider? Or a cosmic deity from dark space. Or a manitu/skin-changer/something…?
* Female and queer representation in the story
* King’s softer side: love poetry!
And a terrifying Games Corner: “1,2,3, Not IT,” “Coulrophobia,” and “King, King or King?”
On Facebook (Beauty and the Bitch)
Thanks for listening, BBs!