This week we’re covering 3 of the faces of IT: Stephen King’s novel, 1990’s made-for-TV movie and the 2017 blockbuster remake. Ooooh, it looks scary! Conversation includes:
* Sewer sex !?
* A raving dissection of the new trailer
* King’s epic, explicitly political Twitter feed
* Problems with/merits of a two-part structure
* The sad story of Jonathan Brandis
* Memory, prosperity and lighthouse keepers
* “BITCH IS THERE A CLOWN IN THAT GUTTER? THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?”
* 7 Scariest Moments from TV’s IT
* IT is a boggart! Or a glamour? A spider? Or a cosmic deity from dark space. Or a manitu/skin-changer/something…?
* Female and queer representation in the story
* King’s softer side: love poetry!
And a terrifying Games Corner: “1,2,3, Not IT,” “Coulrophobia,” and “King, King or King?”
Listen to the Making Oprah podcast if you’re feeling overwhelmed with horror.
Go to the movies all night long with The Big Sick, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Baby Driver.
On Facebook (Beauty and the Bitch)
Listen to the newest episodes from our RSS Feed!
Thanks for listening, BBs!